Monday, August 8, 2011

This is harder than I thought

Presently I am holding my ground. Weight fluctuations are within a few pounds and that's normal. I am done nursing so any extra calories used for that are now being stored as fat. I thought that just cutting back a bit was going to do the trick, but cutting back without any clear goal in mind usually results in not seeing a difference in the scales and frustration. I have sporadically worked out, either jogging or weight-training, depending on what I did the day before. Again, my workouts haven't produced the desired results.
Realizing that the nursing has merely delayed weight-gain and now that I'm done I'm determined to get more serious about this. I've been following a plan, not to the letter, but honestly with what I can and I'm seeing some little changes, positive changes. It is rather sobering to see how much effort I must put forth in order to see a little bit of change. This is not for the faint of heart. And if I want to continue to see the change I'm going to have to stay commited to the goal that I'm making, or else all the effort is lost. This is not a quick fix, but it's not impossible. This is where I see the top of the mountain, but it's still a ways off.

1 comment:

  1. You will do it Bekah. My only advice...scales are not your friend. Choose something else to monitor; heart rate, steps, amount of time sitting down. This way you can make it more of an ongoing game than a race. The end goal is to lose weight but if you weigh yourself one day and have met your goal, you are more likely to endulge in "comfort" foods as a reward for a job well done. On the other hand, if you monitor something that isn't physically attached to you but is based on something you do it is easier to control and challenge yourself for the next step.
    God be with you!

    ReplyDelete