Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back to the drawing board

Who is it that has said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different result? Yeah, well, it seems to best explain my current status.

Recently I got a book by Elyse Fitzpatrick, Love to Eat, Hate to Eat: Breaking the Bondage of Destructive Eating Habits
It along with some other reading and searching that I am doing is bringing me to this very simple conclusion: I have been trying to change my body from the outside in. I'm imposing rules and restrictions, creating a religion, if you will, of what I eat.

The approach that Elyse speaks about, is one that shifts the focus from weight and food to your relationship to your savior. Until I give him reign over my heart I will continue to find fulfillment in food and other tangible pleasures.

Reading the book and setting aside the "rules" of dieting isn't easy. Learning to evaluate on an individual basis whether I'm hungry or not, and if not why am I wanting to eat, what void am I trying to fill. It is a process that leads me back to Jesus, the one that can truly fill that void within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment