Sunday, October 3, 2010

Uneventful isn't such a bad thing

Soccer season is over and Saturday I woke up feeling a little "under the weather". It was drizzly outside and there was a definite chill in the air, the kind that sinks into your skin and settles in your bones. I was a little on edge and snappy and just wanted to go to bed. We got back home from the soccer field after noon and I had to run to the grocery, with all the kids. After coming back home I ordered everyone to put them away and put myself in bed. Sunday morning I stayed home with a sick child and made a pot roast and cleaned the kitchen. Later, I made ginger pork chops and again tidied the kitchen, with some help. I am going to go to bed soon, my kitchen is somewhat in order, and that just means that dirty dishes aren't stacked all over the counters and in the sink. I get so tired of waking up and looking at my kitchen in such a state. Perhaps, I'm waiting for the morning that I wake up and little fairies have come in the middle of the night and cleaned my kitchen for me.
I've put some oatmeal in the crockpot with some water, apples, and cinnamon, so I will let you know how that turns out. Hopefully it will help me get the day going a little better.
This weekend has been rather uneventful, and I am thankful for that, I needed the rest. My weight is up two pounds, oops, must of been the pizza on Friday and Saturday. Hey, did I tell you this is a diary of a woman who is struggling to overcome her obsession of food. Are you really surprised that I gave in and had pizza.
It is so hard to make food, to mess up your kitchen, to gather your supplies, thank goodness I don't have to worry about the menu, gees that would be another thing. In a matter of minutes I can destroy my kitchen and it might take me a half hour or longer to clean it up, and by the time I've finished cleaning up, it's time to make another meal. Not to mention someone's always coming into the kitchen asking for a snack or complaining about supper, "ewww....I don't like that".
I am to put it plainly, disgruntled. The glass is empty, I'd be good company for Eeyore or Oscar the grouch. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment