Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday August 12, 2010

Family is in town and treated us out for breakfast. We went to Denny's and I decided to have a "cheat" day. I ordered the grand slam (2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, and 2 pancakes) I wasn't able to finish everything, but I did eat all the pancakes. Afterwards I was glad I'd decided to eat with everybody else, because it helped me to see that eating that way is no longer desirable to me. I didn't feel "great" after my meal. I felt a bit of a "jittery" high and just didn't feel "right". I had a great supper later and had one smore that was ok, but there again....I'm glad I've found a new way to feed my body. A way that not only satsifies me, but energizes and sustains me. I am finding pleasure in things other than food. I was also sharing about what I was learning with my mom-in-law and how my motivation isn't merely for fitting into smaller clothes and looking good. My main priority is that I don't want to be plagued by all of the diseases and ailements that seem to creep up as we get older. I hope to be a healthy and active woman in my later years....and I believe that it starts here.....what am I going to do now to have a body that can do what I want to be able to do. If I don't take care of it, it won't be able to take care of me. I praise my Lord for the journey he has set my feet upon. May he be glorified in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment