Monday, August 23, 2010

Time to detox

This past weekend we (I) ate a lot of american food, (hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, packaged cookies, cake, cookies, pudding, etc.) I knew we were going to have a really busy weekend, and I could have made myself some meals to take along, but at the family reunion I remembered feeling a little awkward with my "weird" food. You sort of feel like you are a "holier than thou" in regards to food, "oh she probably thinks she's better than me because she's eating healthy food. I think that this is something I'm just going to have to get over; feeling sick the next few days after eating American food is not worth it.

On the brighter side: Today, following my newly discovered menu planner, I made a terrific salad for supper, and the prep time was quick ( just cutting up the ingredients and mixing a dressing) The meal was fresh spinach topped with sliced roast beef, wedge tomatoes, sliced red onion, crumbled goat cheese, and a creamy balsamic dressing. I also had some whole wheat penne for those of us that wanted it. The whole family really enjoyed it. I also made up fauxtato salad for tomorrow's supper (steamed cauliflower with fresh pesto sauce) I took a taste and it was really good. I will serve it with grilled pork chops.

I weighed in sometime Saturday, and I'm still at 170. I guess on the bright side at least I haven't gained, but it would be great to lose a few more. Patience, patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment