Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Egypt isn't looking so good anymore

I am finally beginning to see some real changes here. I am beginning to think before I cram stuff into my mouth. If it is not an "allowable" food I remind myself of how I feel after eating it. The taste just isn't worth it anymore. Whenever I eat wheat products I tend to get bloated, something I didn't notice until I wasn't eating it anymore and then had some.

The good for life menus are really helping to keep things interesting and stress free; each week has new and exciting meals and a grocery list. I don't have to sit down and figure out what we are going to eat, and make a list. It also makes wandering around the grocery store unnecessary.

This weekend we had some really great meals, and even dessert. The dessert was a fruit pizza, no wheat and no sugar and we all loved it. It was so wonderful to eat the dessert and know that I wasn't cheating or falling off the wagon.

The way I used to eat is no longer desirable to me. The cravings, the never satisfied feeling, the guity feeling. The bloated, stuffed stomach feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying Good Life Menus! Sometimes I wonder, when I plan them, if people are going to like what's on the menus. I'm thrilled you're doing well and your family is liking the food as well! And I love your connection with Randy Stonehill's So You Wanna Go Back to Egypt song. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete